Sunday, February 10, 2013

Love = For Always

I have been enjoying several days/evenings of creativity.  It sure feels good to be back in the swing of things and with beautiful new products from Close To My Heart, the opportunity is that much more enjoyable.  Plus, it helps that it is chilly and extremely windy outside.  Isn't that a great excuse to stay inside and papercraft?

I sat down yesterday evening to create a card with our new For Always paper packet.  I had some leftovers after designing three layouts from the Level 2 packet and this is what I came up with.  (I will be sharing those too but not today.)
I had a little help from Freshly Made Sketches.  While I have seen people use sketches as a starting point for their artwork, I had never checked them out until now.  I used this Sketch, #72 - by Cindy, to get my creative juices flowing and love my final result.
It was fun "blinging" up the focal point a bit.  "Hi, I'm Melissa and I'm addicted to our Silver Shimmer Trim." LOL I think I used it on all of my projects made yesterday.  And I had fun using our Glitz Glitter Gel to blink up the heart on love.  The polka dot strip is one of the Zip Strips included on our B&T paper.  Cool, right?
Thanks for stopping by to check out my artwork.  Feel fee to leave a comment and let me know what you think.  I would also love for you to subscribe to my blog so you can get an email each day I make a post.  You can see the sign-up area on the right.  I have provided a supply list below.

Praying you are safe and warm where you are,



Supplies used - all Close to My Heart:

5 comments:

  1. So cool- love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Melissa! Great colors and I love how you blinged up the sentiment! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much, Joy and Linda! I appreciate the kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, I love how you added the color to your Love Always papers! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I love those papers, and the bling is just right! Very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!