Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Joy to the World!

Christmas is just 12 days away. Hard to believe? It is for me. Time just continues to pass so quickly and we near the end of 2016.

I had an order placed for some cards last week and one of them was to be a Christmas card. This what I designed. (Sometimes it is a challenge to photograph bling and so the gold accents are not reflected very well but hopefully you can somewhat appreciate them.)

The polka dotted vellum paper, striped banner, and ornament shape behind the sentiment all have gold accents. Cranberry (red) and Emerald (green) cardstock were used to add color to the card which coordinated with the design of the ornament.

"World Joy" is the stamp I used for the ornament and colored in the images with markers. I felt it necessary to use Clear Sparkles in order to provide some dimension and add the much-needed color to the holly. CLEAR sparkles? COLOR? Yes! I took my red marker and colored the cear sparkles. Cool, huh?! I love being able to do so. Here is a closer view. Isn't it pretty?
I really love how this card turned out and the recipient was pleased. If you are ever in need of a greeting card for any occasion, consider ordering a handmade one from me. I would be honored.

"Joy to the world...the Lord has come..."

Have a blessed day!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!