Friday, September 15, 2017

CTMH Technique Blog Hop - Fabulous Foil

Welcome to this month's Technique Blog Hop, "Fabulous Foil", where participating Close To My Heart Consultants feature shiny artwork. I am excited to see what they share and hope you are too!

If you are coming from Cat's Blog, you are on the right track. You can find a list of participants at the bottom of this post, should you get lost along the way. Now...onto the fun!

Here is a sneak peek of my creation! Are those gold embossed leaves beautiful?! I love how simple it was to get this look so let's see what I did.
I used our Gold Foil Paper, which I absolutely love, and the Leaves Embossing Folder to create the primary background on this card. By sandwiching the piece of gold foil paper in between two 'C' plates, and running it through the Cuttlebug, this was the resulting look. So beautiful and simple!
Needing a fall-themed stamp set, I headed straight for this month's Stamp of the Month, "So Blessed". The images are stamped in Espresso and New England Ivy inks. I used a Sponge Dauber to distress the edges with Saffron ink. The heart was colored in with Ruby ink, applied with a Waterbrush Pen for a watercolor look.

If you haven't yet purchased our Foil Paper - in Silver or Gold, I strongly suggest you give at least one of them a try. It's such a great quality of cardstock - 10 lb. cover weight. It's definitely not a cheap paper! You will enjoy working with it, I promise! And...don't forget to choose an embossing folder. We have several that would look great embossed on foil.

Thank you very much for stopping by. Let me know what you think of my card by leaving a comment below and then head over to Janna's Blog to see what she has up her sleeve in the way of creativity.

Enjoy the hop and your day!


List of participants:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*

4 comments:

  1. LOVE the embossed leaves background! It really sets a nice tone for your sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Love the embossed leaves with gold foil!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those leaves look wonderful with the gold foil! Wonderful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those leaves!! Love it. 🏆🏆

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!