Thursday, June 14, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Welcome to...
Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

********************************************************************************

This is the card I am recreating, as found on page 56 of the Annual Inspirations Idea Book. I did make a few slight adjustments while doing my best to reproduce this card. Let's see how well I did! LOL
Because I was using what supplies I had, I cut the patterned paper to 5 1/4" x 4" to allow for a slight white border (since I didn't have enough to cover the entire base LOL). Whisper was used for the front layer of cardstock. 

So the flowers and their pieces wouldn't overlap, I used a technique called "masking". Masking allows you to make stamped images appear dimensional. Let me show you how I achieved this look!
Because the knot was going to be the forefront of the bouquet, I stamped it first.
Then, I stamped it again, on a sticky note - so it was close to the top where I could benefit from the sticky part. I cut the image right on the lines, and placed the sticky note image directly on top of the stamped image. 
Because I wanted this flower and stem to be in front of those to the left and right of them, I stamped it next. With the rope being covered, the stem appears to be inside of or behind it. Cool, huh?
 Next, I stamped the next stem of flowers to the right, without overlapping the other floral image. 
I had to create another "mask" for the first flower I stamped - just the upper part, as shown - so that the leaves and flowers from the stem to the left looked 3-D. You can see how I had both masks in place when I stamped both of the last two images to create the desired effect. And then...my bouquet was complete!

This technique is fun for flowers, balloons, etc. - any time you want this look. Have you ever tried it? I would love to see what you create using this technique! It's totally fun and pretty simple!

Of course, to finish the card, I stamped the sentiments and then colored the images using various ShinHan markers.
This is the stamp set I used, "Many Congratulations".
My partner in CASEing, Melinda Everitt, is highlighting this card on her blog. Consider leaving a comment here and then head on over to Melinda's Blog to learn how she recreated this beautiful card!

I hope you are having a great week! Be sure to tag your CASEd artwork with #ctmhinanycase so we can see how you are doing the same. We're always giving away CTMH goodies for those who participate!

1 comment:

  1. I love this card. Thank you so much for sharing how you created it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!