Thursday, June 28, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Welcome to...
Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

********************************************************************************

I am in fabulous Las Vegas attending our Close To My Heart Convention and having a fabulous time with family and friends! If you would like to join the fun in the future, contact me and I'm happy to share information with you. 


Today I am recreating this card photographed on page 52 in our Annual Inspirations Idea Book. I've also included the sketch for ease of remaking it, if you would like. 

I love and appreciate the simplicity of this card, incorporating different types of papers, a stamp set and a few inks, and a gold element from a package of Complements


The sentiment and fun texture came from this stamp set, "Birthday Sparkles". They were stamped in Raspberry and Pixie inks and the gold, glitter arrow came from the Happy Moments Complements package. (I just realized I neglected to add White Dots on the card. Oops! While I think the card looks good without them, it would definitely make it look better.)

Here are the dimensions for each piece of paper which allows for some fun dimension and layering. 
My CASEing partner, Melinda Everitt, is showcasing that top right card on her blog. Head over there to see her creation. You'll be glad you did! 


We look forward to seeing you for our next edition of In Any CASE...on July 12th! 

Enjoy the start to July!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!