Thursday, December 13, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa


Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************

I hope you are doing GREAT and had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Because were were enjoying the holiday with our families, we took a little break from our CASEing, but...we are baaaaaaack!


Today, I am coming to you to highlight this handmade card found on page 70 in Holiday Expressions Idea Book

As a reminder, the majority of the products contained within the book are set to retired on December 31st. If there is anything you still have to have from the book - I'm having such a hard time preparing to say goodbye to some of them! - then be sure to get them soon as they are only available while supplies last! You can SHOP HERE


I love every little thing about this card including the fact that it's super easy to reproduce, can be used for various occasions (stamping a different sentiment, rather than the believe, if necessary), AND uses scraps you may have from other projects! 

The paper is from the Oh What Fun paper pack and I look forward to creating more projects with it through the rest of this month. While it contains some fabulous Christmas-themed paper, it definitely has many papers that can be used otherwise. 
While I only used the "believe" banner from this coordinating stamp set, I have definitely enjoyed using the other images on different artwork. 


I wanted to show you how it was super easy to include the Raspberry Baker's Twine on the packages, as faux ribbon. I find by using some Scotch tape, that I just adhere the edges of the ribbon to the back of the presents, forming a cross. Then, I took a separate piece to tie the bow and frayed the ends a bit. 

This approach is easier than having to try and keep the twine as one piece. 


Here is a close-up of the packages and other dimensional items.

The Glacier heart, in the top right corner, is from the Complements. The Raspberry heart is a white dimensional Complement that I sponged, using a Dauber, with Raspberry Ink. That was a slight edit from the original artwork in that I had already used one of the Glacier hearts for some layouts I made. I did 3-D the gifts and banner for some added dimension.
Here are the measurements to create this card design. Consider switching it out with other papers, images, etc. It can definitely be used for birthday cards!



My partner in CASEing, Melinda Everitt, has this card to share with you today! She'll do so on her blog so follow the link now!

We look forward to you CASEing artwork from Close To My Heart. When you do, tag it with #ctmhinanycase. We'd love to gift you a goodie for doing so!

I hope you are having a wonderful week wherever you are! Thank you for stopping by. Always choose joy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!