Monday, December 10, 2018

It's a Holly Jolly Christmas - Blog with Friends


Welcome to this month's "Blog with Friends" post where I, and a few friends from around the country, share some fun topics associated with the theme, "Jolly". 

At the bottom of this post, you'll see links to those friends blogs. Show them some blog love by visiting their sites and leaving the a comment. You can see some great topics reflected in the above visual. 


I am here today to share something Jolly with you. Santa, an ugly sweater and hot cocoa all say "Jolly" to me. What about you?

Making handmade greetings cards and other fun treats is my joy and that totally rings true during the Christmas season! Keep scrolling as I share a couple of jolly creations with you!


Not only do I enjoy this Santa image, I love this card design a friend of mine shared with me. (Thanks, Pam!) 


You can see that it's almost like a "faux" front, with a hidden message. This is how it looks inside. While simple, it is something a bit different from a typical card and that makes me love it.


 I paper-pieced the red parts of the ornament and Santa Claus which means... I cut those images out of the respective papers and glued them on top of the image stamped in Black. It's a fun technique that is perfect for some images.


Know anyone who can use a little sprinkling of hot cocoa and the extras as we enjoy the cold weather? Coworkers, teachers, neighbors? This is a fun way to gift them a little goodie. And the sayings on the "Ugly Sweater" stamp set! LOL I love them!


Which is your favorite sentiment? They all kind of make me giggle.

I created this based on the information provided on this blog of Do Stamping with Dawn.


You can see that it's filled with a packet of hot cocoa, candy cane and then I took a plastic jewelry bag and filled it with some marshmallows (with clean hands, of course)!

I will be teaching how to make this hot cocoa treat on Thursday, December 13, 2018 in  my VIP Group on Facebook. Join me there, if you currently do not have a Close To My Heart Consultant (or are not one 😘). That's where I share all the crafty goodness!

Now...check out these fabulous blog images, associate with awesome content, and check out my Blog with Friends links! I see how all of them perfectly connect to what I had to share with you.

Make it a jolly day, week and month!







3 comments:

  1. Ugly sweaters, what a great idea. There's nothing like receiving a home made card, especially at holiday time when you know everyone is so busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ugly sweaters aka jumpers here down under far too hot, maybe some iffy swimmers.........
    Hand made cards are nice but not something I am able to do, my hands shake far too much......lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ugly sweaters crack me up. I love the 1/2 card. Smart!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!