Thursday, January 24, 2019

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

I

Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************


This is the card I am CASEing today. I love the colors and the sentiments, both which drew my attention. 


Other than using a few tools, this card was pretty quick to put together. You will notice that I switched out the paper on the top edges of the card front. I used the "graph paper" pattern, from "I Heart Us", on some layouts and didn't have enough to use it on the card so I switched those pieces out with Carolina cardstock. I think it looks fine! 



The heart was cut from Thin Cuts, with "thanks" stamped in Raspberry Ink. The flowers were stamped in Carolina and Raspberry inks and were fussy-cut. 

To get the Embellishing Thread in place on the backside of the heart, I put adhesive and then formed it as desired. It wasn't a difficult process, thank goodness. I love all of the elements on this card front that go together nicely. 


This is the beautiful stamp set I used, "I Heart Us - Cardmaking". 

Supplies used:

  • C1760 I Heart Us - Cardmaking Stamp Set
  • X7242B I Heart Us Paper Packet
  • X6027 White Daisy Cardstock
  • X5990 Carolina Cardstock
  • Z6028 Black Cardstock
  • Z6508 Bluebird Stamp Pad
  • Z6505 Carolina Stamp Pad
  • Z2812 Raspberry Stamp Pad
  • Z2863 White Daisy Pigment Pad
  • Z4270 I Heart Us Sequins
  • Z4213 Silver Embellishing Thread
  • Z3317 Thin Cuts - Basic Hearts
  • Z2068 Ranger White Super Fine Embossing Powder
  • Z4220 Anti-static Pouch
  • Z4252 Heat Tool



THIS is the awesome card that Melinda is creating for you, with a few twists! You'll want to head over to "If You Bling It" to see all the fun details. 

Be sure to CASE CTMH artwork with us to join the FUN and to be eligible for prizes! That's right, we search social media for the hashtag #ctmhinanycase to see what you are creating and sharing. Contact either of us with your questions.

We look forward to seeing you again, in two weeks, for the next episode of "In Any CASE..." Make it a great weekend! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!