Wednesday, April 1, 2020

"O-fish-ally Awesome" Stamp of the Month Blog Hop


Happy April! This month we've got a fabulous Blog Hop to highlight an awesome stamp set called "O-fish-ally Awesome"! If you are coming from Cat's Blog, you are on the right track. You can find a complete list of participants by clicking here


This awesome Stamp of the Month set, comprised of 37 images, can be yours for just $5. Valued at $18.95, you can get it at this phenomenal price when you place a minimum order of $50 (before shipping and tax). Click here for details on that special as well as to view additional artwork created from Close To My Heart. 


I had fun making this card which somewhat came together by accident. I decided to try a technique a team member of mine had shared with me. 

For the lighter blue color, on the background, I took one of our Clear Acrylic Blocks and applied some Lagoon Reinker. I then added some water, generously, to it. Then, taking some plastic packaging from a Shimmer Brush, I stuck it in the wet substance and then patted it onto the White Daisy Cardstock. (Pssst...cardstock is on sale this month!)

For the darker blue, I used the Sapphire Shimmer Brush. I made it pretty wet and then tapped it over my index finger to create the splotches. It was super fun. (I will be sharing a video in my VIP Group soon, and maybe on my YouTube Channel. Contact me if you want to be able to see it.) 


Here is a close-up view of the card front. For the "sand", I used Kraft Paper and tore it into strips. Then using the "sand" stamp images, and Toffee ink, I added it to create additional texture. All images were colored with our Watercolor Pencils and blended with a Watercolor Brush

A few irridescent Sequins were added to create some "bubbles". I hope you like what I have to share with you!

Head on over to Wendy's Blog to see what she has created to share with you. Consider leaving a comment on our blogs as you make your way around the hop. We love hearing from you! 

Make it a great month and happy hoppin'!

16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Your card is adorable! Fantastic coloring job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sand and the coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you created the water and the sand! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that background and the scene is perfect for this stamp set :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every little part of this card. Thank you for joining us this month for the SOTM Blog Hop. I can't wait to see what you create next!

    💙☕ Miss. Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, totally a fun, colourful card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you did your water! Cute Card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique. I look forward to seeing your video so I can recreate this!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card. I'm going to try that technique, too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love what you did with the re-inker!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cool card and techniques!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love the tearing, the water background, all if it. Anyone would love to find this in their mailbox.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!