Monday, December 11, 2017

Blog with Friends: December - Celebrate

Today I am joining with seven blogging friends to highlight some cool posts on our blogs centered around the theme, "Celebrate". Each of us were able to interpret that theme how we chose and as it applies to our blogs.

When you are finished reading my post, I encourage you to follow any and all links I have posted below - along with their representative image - to see what they have to share with you. Of course, we all appreciate hearing from you so please consider leaving comments for us.
I am focusing on celebrating relationships through what I am sharing with you today. That is the primary reason I became interested in Close To My Heart, and creating handmade items, many years ago. I love being able to invest my heart - more than my money (ha!) - in giving small tokens of appreciation, thanks and love to friends and family members. It is the reason I continue to do what I do and love bringing a little bit of happy when I can.
This little holiday treat box is an idea generated from my friend Sheri Rottler. We sell Ribbon Packs that come in a clear plastic box. You can choose to throw them away OR you can use them for something cute like this! How fun, right?! 

I glued a piece of patterned paper to the top, a piece of cardstock to the front and then decorated it with some cute stamp images and a beautiful gold bow (that comes in one of the ribbon packs). Fill it with chocolate...or some other holiday treat and you've got a C-U-T-E treat to give to someone special; so simple and cost effective! The most expensive thing here is the chocolate...worth every penny, wouldn't you agree?!  

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Please leave a comment, or let me know if you have any questions, and then check out my friend's blogs posted below. There's some fun things shared!
Baking in a Tornado - Brunch Scramble Rolls
Spatulas on Parade - Bottle on a Shelf
Part-Time Working Hockey Mom  - Elf on the Shelf
Think in English - Let's Celebrate! What to Honor in an ESL/EFL Classroom
Cluttered Genius - (Repurposed) Christmas Painted Bricks
Lieber Family Blog - Snowman Trio
Bergham Chronicles - Celebrate Good Times

5 comments:

  1. I am making cards this year too. It is so much fun to find the perfect card for the perfect person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this treat box, it would be perfect not just for friends but for coworkers or teachers. Using creativity in packaging shows how much you care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your box is cute alright! And you are so right, money spent on chocolate, is money well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute idea. I’m all for recycling and home made gifts. Years ago I made my own cards all year. It brought me a lot of joy. Of course Christmas time is hectic these days. So if someone takes time to give a homemade gift it is greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea! I love it when the packaging shows how much you care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!