Friday, May 15, 2020

"Stencil It" Technique Blog Hop


Welcome to this month's Technique Blog Hop where we are featuring artwork inspired by the theme, "Stencil It". Participants can choose how they interpret the them, using Close To My Heart Products. 

If you are coming from Jayma's Blog, you are on the right track. You can find a list of participants at the bottom of this post. 

I decided to use our Circle Thin Cuts (almost sold out) to create a stencil and some fun polka dots.


In this first photo you will see the happy mess I made in creating the background. I cut different sizes of circles on a piece of White Daisy cardstock. Then, I sponged inside of the circles with three colors: Lemonade, Pixie and Green Apple. (Initially, I put the patterned piece of paper on the paper, as a mask, so I could stamp the sentiment in there, but I ended up adding some additional cardstock - as shown in the finished card below.) 


After removing the circle stencil, I trimmed it, layered it on Black Cardstock and it resulted in this card. 


I did use Black Glitter Paper to back the sentiment which comes from this month's Stamp of the Month, "Time to Celebrate". It is available this month for $5 with a $50 purchase. 

Head on over to Cat's Blog, after you leave a comment (if you are willing to do so), to see what she has created to share with you today. 

PARTICIPANTS:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*

9 comments:

  1. Super cute! Who doesn't love polka dots and your pretty color combo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Great way to create our own colored polka dot paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love how you used the Circle Thin Cuts to create your stencil & how you showed what the card looked like after you added colour to the stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those large circles - great background for your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cheerful card! Love the bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fun! I smiled just looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fun and colorful polka dots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute! I love how the SOTM works with everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!