Friday, January 29, 2010

Gotta love a snow day!

I knew it got cold and snowed quite a bit in Kansas, but what I did not think about was the fact that people from around here or further north don't think twice about wintery weather.  We knew we were expecting 4 to 8 inches of snowfall Thursday evening but I wasn't holding my breath for a snow day!

After the snowfall we had in November, which pretty much became ice, and I still had to drive to work for several days in a row I was surprised at the call I received last night.  "Due to weather conditions, school is cancelled tomorrow..."  Woohoo!  I didn't even need to listen to the rest of the message!  I love an excuse to stay warm and cozy inside while being able to do whatever I want to!  Of course, a 3-day weekend is just an added bonus.  I was productive and will be sharing some of my creativity over the next few days with you.  In the meantime, here are some wintery photos from Kansas.
A view outside the backdoor.  This was early in the day and it continues to snow but you can see the height accumulation on the picnic table.  There won't be any "picnicin" here for awhile!

A photo out the front door.  Our side street never gets cleaned since it's parallel to a main street.  That's where the challenge takes place!

Out the front door, looking southwest.

My purpose for this photo, although I didn't make too many attempts because it was COLD, was to show how deep the snow on the front porch was.  It had been pushed back when Corey went to work this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!