Tuesday, May 1, 2012

May SOTM - "Friendship Bouquet"

Some of my earlier stamping friends know that sunflowers are not one of my favorite flowers.  I don't know why, but they aren't and never have been. With that being said, I wasn't too sure about this stamp set (contains 8 images) but I think I have since changed my mind otherwise. 


And...you guessed it!  I had to incorporate the Dotty for You paper packet in my creation!

Using the "sideways" sunflower as my focal point on this 5" x 7" card, I used the Waterbrush Pen - love it for coloring in images - and Sunflower, Creme Brulee' and Cocoa inks to color in the image.
Applying some Cocoa ink on our Color-Ready Ribbon (love this stuff too) with a Sponge Dauber (another favorite), I was able to make my ribbon coordinate with my color scheme.  A special message and two cocoa brads did the trick!  

I had a good time creating with this stamp set and might even create some more items with it.  Gotta love working with beautiful stamp sets that open your mind to possibilities.

Below you will find some other fabulous artwork ideas using this stamp set as shared by some of my dearest Consultant friends.  Please take a moment to leave a comment if you so see fit.
Created by Judy Faye
Created by Joy


Created by Cherri
Created by Cherri
And to think I didn't like sunflowers...

HUGS!


1 comment:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!