Wednesday, May 15, 2019

"Make the Cut!" Technique Blog Hop


For this month's Technique Blog Hop, incorporating Close To My Heart product, our theme is "Make the Cut!". Participants were asked to include diecuts or images from our Thin Cuts (CTMH's version of 'dies') or Cricut Collections. I'm excited to see what they have designed and hope you are too! 

If you are coming from Carrie's Blog, you are on the right track. You will find a complete list of participants at the bottom of this post.
To create this greeting card, I decided to use the "You Are Here" Digital Cricut Collection. Whether you are traveling abroad, taking a road trip, or enjoying a relaxing staycation, this Cricut Collection is sure to have everything you need to document your journey. It comes with the three coordinating stamp sets shown above.

Crazy enough, I haven't created with it much but I am going to incorporate it into my scrapbooking layouts, documenting some fun trips I have taken over the past year! I can't wait to do more with it!


This fun "hello summer" card was created using all images from the collection. Then, I took some Toffee cardstock and tore it, exposing the white core, to resemble sand. 

After designing it, this card was super quick to cut and assemble. (Keep reading! I provided the Design Space file for you to use!) It definitely makes me want to be at the beach. What about you?! 


Here is a closer look at the details. I made sure to cut the castle a reasonable size so the Cricut blade didn't yell at me. I think I succeeded, by placing the images in various locations on the card, to add dimension and perspective. 

Did you know we have a variety of exclusive Cricut Collections from which to choose? Click HERE to visit them in greater detail and please contact me if you have questions. 

FREEBIE: Here is the Design Space file to recreate this card using the "You Are Here" CTMH Cricut Collection.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Consider leaving me a comment before heading to Katy's Blog to see what she has created to share with you! I don't doubt it, and the other artwork, is worth you doing so!

Happy hoppin'!







Participants:
1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
2. Katy Taylor
3. Valerie Kapsha
4. Krista Hershberger
5. Catherine Nowak
6. Terry Metzger
7. Michelle Loncar
8. Haley Dyer
9. Maz Wood
10. Tamara Sandwisch
11. Carrie Simonds


12 comments:

  1. Yes, hello, summer, indeed! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That little sand castle is the most adorable little accent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do quite of bit of scrapbooking and the 'Hello Summer' would make a great title...I sometimes forget to look at our cartridges...your card is very summery...great tip on making the sand and so nice of you to share your file..Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo CUTE and, YES, it makes me want to be on a beach somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so ready for summer and your card definitely get me excited for it. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card! I love it when our images are used on cards. Love the bright colors too. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to say cute...cute....but then I read everyone else's comments! :) I still think it's an adorable card though ;) ...Summer....here we come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That little sand castle is adorbs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great summer card. Thanks for the Design Space file!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!