Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Preparations

Our Christmas tree and Christmas decorations have been up since soon after Thanksgiving but I had yet to post photos of them.
I struggled a bit with what to decorate the tree with this year but went ahead with Cowboy colors since my hubby has collected a few ornaments over the years and there was no better place to do so.  Of course, it would have made the Christmas day game a little more enjoyable had they won...but I won't go there.  :0)  The tree topper I had purchased was a bit too heavy for the tree so we stuck on the Santa's hat.  It fit perfectly with the theme!

While decorating, I remembered I had recently ordered some Snowflake Dimensional Elements and decided to make them ornaments to fill up the tree.  I sponged them in Pacifica Ink and added some "bling" to them with Clear Sparkles and Glitter Glue.  Some I punched holes through and others, just inserted the hook where it fit.
 They coordinated beautifully with our other ornaments and I was proud of my creations!
Shortly before Christmas, my hubby and I made our way to the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine where we enjoyed the sites and sounds of the holiday season.  One of the yummy delights in the Texan was a room made of Gingerbread.  It smelled delightful and the decorations were adorable. 

Here's a photo of the room:
Here's my hubby taking a moment for a pose in front of the gingerbread wall:
Hoping everyone's Christmas was enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!