Monday, December 6, 2010

I LOVE Turtles!


Not THOSE kinds of turtles, silly!  At this time of the year you probably could have guessed what I was talking about!

Now...that's better!  I have a math coordinator who comes in my room daily to help with some students. She surprised me, before Thanksgiving break, with some goodies - some which were homemade turtles! She didn't know, at the time, that it's probably my favorite candy on the long list of chocolate items! Of course, I asked her for the recipe and we gave it a try on Sunday and they were super easy!
Here is the recipe and be sure to share if you try to make some yourself:

Ingredients:
1 package Kraft caramels
3T Eagle Brand Milk
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans (not too fine)
1/2 block Chocolate Almond Bark

Directions:
1.  Melt caramels.
2.  Add milk. 
3.  When blended, fold in pecans.
4.  Drop by teaspoonfuls onto wax paper (VERY lightly coated with flour or they will stick) until cool.
5.  Melt almond bark and tip "naked" turtles into it. 
6.  Put on wax paper until set.

EAT AND ENJOY!  YUMMMMMM!

Here's a picture of the naked turtles.  My co-worker thought it was too funny when I called them that, trying to understand her directions.  It helped!  LOL

2 comments:

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!