Friday, December 31, 2010

"Find Your Style" with the January Stamp of the Month Blog Hop

If you have come here from Sarita's Blog you are on the right path! The blog hop is a great big circle, so you can start here and work your way around. If you get lost along the way, you’ll find the complete list of participating consultants here. This month we have 56 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this month's SOTM and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one! Here we go!

This stamp set, "Find Your Style", contains nine beautiful images including several sentiments.  I LOVE the dress form and beautiful butterfly but especially love the intricate designs on the images.  

This month I purchased two wooden frames at the Dollar Tree for $1 (packaged together) and used acrylic paint to paint one black.  Then, I used the Wings Level 2 Paper Packet and SOTM to decorate it - perfect for any desk or counter top.
I "picked and omitted" a portion of the saying by covering the undesired part, "A friend is", with scotch tape.  I inked the image up in Black ink and then removed the scotch tape, leaving only the desired part inked.  I stamped it on the Colonial White piece of cardstock and then stamped the larger "friend" image in Juniper ink.  The beautiful butterfly is stamped in Vineyard Berry ink and I used Clear Sparkles to add a little "sparkle" to the frame.   

Now "Hop" on over to Lori's Blog to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the January SOTM is only available until January 31, 2011! Contact me or click here to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free! 

You can see some additional artwork using this stamp set by visiting my website.

Happy Hopping!

12 comments:

  1. A very cleaver use of masking! Nice card... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is GREAT! Love the masking to change the sentiment a bit...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to change up the sentiment. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like how you made the sentiment exactly like you wanted it! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea - I love how you did the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. M'lis, that is beautiful. Your creative style shines through, GF.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea to mask the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! I think I shall make one of my own as a birthday gift for my BFF. :) So pretty! (I will link back to your site, for sure, as inspiration!)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!