Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I spent the 4th of July in our Nation's Capitol!

This year's 4th of July celebration will always be remembered as I had the privilege of spending it in Washington, D.C.!  A few friends and I arrived in D.C. a few days before our National Convention and enjoyed the historical sites.

We stayed at the Gaylord National Hotel, on the Potomac, with a beautiful view of the harbor. 

On the 4th, my friend Cindy Denning and I braved the HOT sun for several hours on the property of the Gaylord, watching bands who played Beach Boys and Eagles music.

It became a nice, cool evening as we enjoyed a wonderful fireworks display shot from a barge on the Potomac.  We were even able to see fireworks shot over the Capitol from the Gaylord and enjoyed a fun evening in great company!

It's a 4th to be remembered...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!