Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shasta (the cat)

It's kind of crazy the feelings you develop for a family pet.  Mine was tested earlier today when my Sister's cat, for 17 years, was put to rest.  She had grown old and was experiencing some health challenges.

Shasta had been given to Stephanie by surprise (I still remember the day when we wrapped her in a box - lol) her Senior year of high school.  She always liked my Sister better.  LOL  She would cuddle up with me until Stephanie got home and then she was out my door and snuggling with her.  I was just used for the time being.  :0) 

It's been a rough day for everyone, losing a member of our family who has been around for longer than I have known my husband.  (That's crazy when put in that perspective.) This was the last picture taken of her last night.  I am glad she is no longer suffering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!