Thursday, July 22, 2010

July's Creative Club

I'm thrilled that my friend, Debi McBain, hooked me up with a club upon returning to Texas.  I've enjoyed fellowshipping with she and the other attendees over the last two months.

We met this past Monday (the 19th) and created this cute card holder and cards from the Zippidee paper packet.

This card holder pattern was shared by my friend, Carol Harris.  To create it, simply cut a piece of cardstock to measure 6 1/2" x 10".  This is for the box. 

Score 1" down the long sides and then turn and score at 4 1/2" and 5 1/2". Snip on the score marks up to the fold line (similar to making any other type of box).  Adhere together.

The lid is 6 5/8" x 7".  It is made the same way - score 1" down the long sides, turn and score at 3 & 4". Assemble accordingly and slide it over the box bottom!  Decorate as you desire!

We brainstormed some other contents for this box including hot cocoa packets, a notepad and pen...  The possibilities are endless!  Let me know if you have other uses for it!

This card was made using the July Stamp of the Month, "Friends Forever".  The design was inspired and copied from my friend, Chris Green.  She had created this card, as one of our roomie gifts for Convention, using Blue Ribbon and I loved how she had made the Hedgehog feminine.  I followed her lead.  (I will share her original creation in a future post.)


Using some of our Dimensional Elements, we sponged this flower in Cranberry ink and used a Clear Button and some patterned paper from Zippidee to make the center.  Colonial White Grosgrain ribbon was used to create the stem for the flower and leaves from "A Posey" stamp set finished it off. 


We incorporated Fancy Fuzz into this birthday card, cutting out a portion of the Fuzz to make the Mickey icon. 


All were a BIG hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!