Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Pear & Partridge?

As Consultants there are many perks - which I tend to talk about from time to time in various posts.  One of the small benefits of being a Consultant is being able to access a paper sampler when new paper packets are released.  These 6x6 samplers give us a snapshot of the newest papers.

Well, as the papers have retired, I have set those Samplers aside and this weekend, I dug them out for some card fun!  In fact, I pulled out paper from our Pear & Partridge paper packet that somewhat screamed Christmas (and is not retired).  
But, with another pattern from Originals, and a few pieces of patterned paper and cardstock, I created this card that has nothing to do with Christmas.  It is just a fun "thinking of you" card that I cannot wait to put in the mail.  (The photo does not do justice for the beautiful colors and patterns of this retired paper packet.)
Originals - Triangle Down, page 46
I used this stamp set, Card Chatter - Sympathy, for the sentiment and love the variety of sentiments it has.  In fact, many of them will work with others than for what they were intended.  Gotta love that!

To pretty up the card, I included a crocheted flower and brad from our Antiqued Gold Embellishments.  These elegant embellishments were perfect for finishing the card. 
I challenge you to think outside the box and use paper for a theme that is not obvious.  You might be pleased with what you come up with.  Give it a try!

Here's to creativity,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!