Monday, March 12, 2018

Blog with Friends: Rainbows

Thanks for joining me for this episode of "Blog with Friends" where I join five other bloggers who focus our posts around "Rainbows". Each of us has interpreted this theme in different ways so when you are finished reading my post, be sure to check out theirs - listed at the bottom - with an enticing visual; some pretty cool stuff! 
I wasn't sure what I was going to create to align with the theme and decided on these two handmade card. I'm pretty happy with the results and hope you are too! Let's check out the details, shall we?! 

I love the simplicity of this card, especially the white-on-white approach that is completely appealing. CASEing the idea from Gracey M. Cuccia, I cut a butterfly out of white cardstock, using some retired Thin Cuts and placed 3-D Foam Tape under the wings for some dimension. To get the colored gems, I used some of my ShinHan markers to color them. Cool, huh?! They were clear gems like those on the bodice of the butterfly. I love that I can change the colors of different types of embellishments to match my artwork. 
I'm not sure if you can tell in the photo, but I used this Splash of Color stamp set, with some Mink (light grey ink). It was the little bit of texture needed to finish off this card.
Now THIS card makes me super happy; how 'bout you?! I love the bright colors and its simplicity! It was super easy to create since I used some of our Thin Cuts, Tags and Block Alphabet - which are ON SALE THIS MONTH - for the tags and letters. The "birthday" was stamped in Pacifica Ink using the March Stamp of the Month, Birthday Time. I also colored these gems as well and added some white and yellow twine (retired). 

With our Die-Namite SALE this month, you can get a wide selection of Thin Cuts (aka dies) at 25-30% off! You can find the sale items and their related prices through this link

If you're not sure what Thin Cuts are, or how to use them, here is a brief video sharing those details: 

Consider leaving a comment before checking out the blogs listed below from my "Blog with Friends" group. We always appreciate the visits and value the comments that are left for us. 

If you have any questions about any of the above, please let me know and enjoy your week!







9 comments:

  1. I just love the "You are Special" card. The white on white really makes the rainbow colors pop. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much, Karen! I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  2. I love both of these colorful cards and must add those letters to my shopping cart! Best blog ever. So informative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet to say so. Thank you very much for this message that blesses me.

      Delete
  3. Great idea to use tags, colors and letters - you can literally use them for any opportunity / festivity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the butterfly card. Simple but beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thank you! I love when that is the combination, Dawn!

      Delete
  5. I adore this card. I love the straight lines and the simplicity. Right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!