Thursday, March 8, 2018

In Any CASE...with Melinda & Melissa

Join us twice a month as we CASE, “Copy And Selectively Edit”, artwork created by the Art Department of Close To My Heart as showcased in the current Idea Books and our Make It From Your Heart How-To Books.

On the 2nd and 4th Thursday of each month, at 7 pm CST, we will direct you towards a piece of art and recreate it using the exact products or others that compliment its initial design. Tips, techniques and assembly directions will be shared in detail to help you recreate them on your own.

As you reproduce the items we have shared, post them on social media using the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We will randomly search that hashtag and reward those who CASE our items. Winners will be announced on our blogs so be sure to follow us!

*************************************************
Today I am highlighting this fun treat bag from page 33 of the Seasonal Expressions 1 Idea Book, as shown here. One of the things that attracted me to papercrafting many moons ago (about 22 years) was the ability to create fun and inexpensive goodies for my students, co-workers, friends and family members. It's THAT which has kept me on this fun journey that brings me a lot of joy!
I also used one of the Thin Cuts, Basic Tags, that is on sale this month. You can save up to 30% on some of the packages through this month, while supplies last. It's a DIE-NAMITE SALE! Click this link to go find out the details!
While I took the above photo as a source of inspiration, I decided to change it up a bit (partly because I have no idea what I did with the stamp set used in the artwork created by the CTMH Art Department LOL).
This High Five stamp set, along with the Stargazer paper pack and coordinating embellishments, was used to quickly create this fun goodie.
Details are provided in this video, including dimensions. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Supplies used:


Because I couldn't pass up the pastel M&Ms, perfect for this time of the year, I decided to alter it a bit for an Easter treat! This was created using the Gimme Some Sugar product line and a sentiment from the Easter Animals stamp set (shown below). It's cute, huh?
Supplies used:

  • X7228B Gimme Some Sugar Paper Packet
  • Z4145 Light Grey Ribbon
  • Z2805 Black Ink Pad
Melinda is highlighting our Gift Card Box Thin Cut, which is on sale this month. Be sure to head over to her blog to see her box and processes for creating.

And don't forget to get on the CASE with us, following our lead by using Close To My Heart artwork as a source of inspiration. When you do, post it on social media with the hashtag #ctmhinanycase. We're always looking for some participants and who knows? You may just win a prize!

Wishing you a great end to your week and a weekend of creativity, if you so choose!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!