Thursday, March 15, 2018

You are Top KOALA-ty! (Having fun with puns!)

Punny cards are all the rage these days and these are super easy to make! Would any of these cards bring happy to your mailbox if you received them, aside from all that not-so-fun and junk mail? I'm assuming the answer is 'YES'! 
I created 12 cards using the adorable Punny Pals stamp set, and coordinating Thin Cuts (ON SALE THIS MONTH). All cards are of the same design but with a different critter and sentiment. Watercolor Paints were used to color in the images, using a Small Round Waterbrush. I love the results and they feel pretty cool, too! LOL (It's the dried watercolor paints on the cardstock. You just have to feel it for yourself. ha!)
When you purchase this stamp set, Close To My Heart will donate $7 of the proceeds to Operation Smile, a non-profit organization that provides surgeries to repair cleft lips and palates for children around the world. 
Use these 13 thin metal dies to quickly and easily cut the paper shapes shown that coordinate with the Punny Pals stamp set (above). The Thin Cuts are packaged on their own magnetic sheet and work well with most die-cutting machines. (I use the Cuttlebug.) 
This and other Thin Cuts are ON SALE. Click here for all the details, available while supplies last! 
I love the simplicity of these cards, highlighting the Punny Pal and the cute sentiment that coordinates. The Gimme Some Sugar paper pack is where I pulled the floral and polka dot pattern. I used two colors of cardstock - Fern (green) and Bashful (pink), and added a strip of Bashful Glitter Paper. This says, "You are top KOALA-ty!"
The circle was cut using one of our other Thin Cuts on sale this month, Basic Circles. The circle sizes are 2 1/2", 2", 1 1/2" and 1".
You'll see the pattern repeated here, with a different Pal. It reads, "I'm BANANAS about you."
And the last one I'm highlighting in greater detail, "Some BUNNY loves you."

I hope these super fun cards bring some joy into you life as you read the punny sayings. They are definitely something I can rely on to make me smile.

If you need some "pals" in your life, head over to my website and get them before they're gone! Remember, the Thin Cuts are only on sale this month and both are available while supplies last.

Enjoy this Friday eve!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!