Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Featured Product Blog Hop - Embossing Folders

Hello and welcome to our CTMH Featured Products Blog hop.  This week our featured product is Embossing Folders.

If you have just joined us you can start here and continue on, as this is a circular hop.  If you get lost along the way you can start at the beginning with Annette Clark.  She has the complete list of participants.  If you came here from Lauren's Blog you are in the right place.  Now on to my project:

What I love most about the Embossing Folders is how simple they are to use and how little it takes to create something that is fun and pleasing to the eye.  I used the Diamond Embossing Folder on the piece of Sunset cardstock and then layered several pieces of cardstock on top to create a spot for the focal point.  The focal point is from the Picture My Life Love Your Selfie Scrapbooking Program.  The floral image was contained on a 3" x 4" card and I trimmed it to fit 3" x 3", rounding the corners.
Eggplant and Pear cardstock were also included.  The stitching on the Pear piece was created using our Embossing Tool.  When you create the indentions - I used my paper trimmer to mark the stitches - and then turn it over, the stitches are raised allowing me to use a distressing tool to remove the color from the top.  Our cardstock has a white core which is what allows for it.  Cool, huh?  You can see I also chose to distress the diamond pattern.  White & Gold Ribbon was added as were a some Bitty Sparkles.  The "Just Because" sentiment was stamped in Slate ink and is from the stamp set called, "Friendly Wishes".   
Thank you for checking out my project.  If you would like to purchase the featured product of the week or any additional supplies you can buy them here.  If you enjoyed my project please comment below as I love feedback!  Next on our hop is Catherine Nowak .  Make sure to check out her amazing work feature the same product.

Happy hoppin'!

4 comments:

  1. Adorable card, Melissa, I love all the layers and how you created your own embossed stitches, and the stamping is perfection. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! Love your stitching technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful! I love the colors and how you showcase these fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those stitches are fantastic and I love that blossom focal point!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!