Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Technique Blog Hop - Thin Cuts by CTMH

 
Welcome to our Blog Hop where we are featuring one of Close To My Heart's newest products, "Thin Cuts".   Thin Cuts are metal dies that can be used on your favorite die cut machine and the cuts coordinate with a stamp set, making it easy to stamp your images and incorporate them into your artwork.  No fussy-cutting needed!  Currently we have four themes of thin cuts as shown in the visual above.  (You can click on it for an enlarged view.)

If you are coming from Judy Faye's Blog, you are on the right track.  A complete list of participants is found below if you were to get lost along the way.  Now...let's get started!

I decided to use the "My Anchor" Thin Cuts for my card.  The various images and cute sentiments make this set simply adorable.
Here is the coordinating stamp set.  Isn't it CUTE?!
While an obvious nautical theme is thought of when looking at these images, I decided to head a different direction and made this card. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the simplicity of this card and hope you do too!
Three of the larger heart images and two smaller hearts were stamped and cut out, as was the banner, Some of them were 3-D for added dimension.  I used a ruler to draw faux stitches so I stayed in a straight line.  :)  Ink colors used:  Lagoon, Cotton Candy, Gypsy, Honey, Sunset, Pear and Black.

Thank you very much for stopping by.  Please consider leaving a comment before heading to Cat's Blog. She is truly a great artist and I know you will love what she has to share with you.

Happy hoppin'!
This is a list of participants:
  1. Melissa Robinson *YOU ARE HERE*
  2. Catherine Nowak
  3. Kirsten Jade
  4. Helen Gullett
  5. Wendy Kessler
  6. Michelle Loncar
  7. Tammy Lubick
  8. Judy Faye Garner

4 comments:

  1. What a nice twist to show how versatile the nautical thin cut set can be. I might have to look more closely at that one now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable ~ I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I love it when I see something that is not the obvious theme of a stamp set. This is a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for showing me some blog love with your comments!